Kids want what all of us want: happiness, security, and love. But what specific things do they crave? A recent survey asked kids that question, and the answers may surprise you. Keep reading to find out some of the most common responses.
Kids want to feel loved and important
One of the things kids crave most is to feel loved and important. They want to know that they matter and that they are loved. Parents can make their kids feel special by spending time with them, paying attention, and showing them love. Kids will also feel important if they are given chores to do or responsibilities around the house.
They want parents who are engaged and interested in their lives
- To engage and be interested in their lives, parents need to:
- Spend time with their kids
- Listen to them
- Show them they are cared for
- Help them learn and grow
- Encourage them to follow their dreams
- Support them through difficult times
- Be someone they can look up to and count on
- Be there for them when they need it most
- Always love them no matter what
- Give them a chance to be kids
They want rules that are fair and consistent
- Kids want rules that make sense
- Kids want rules to be followed
- Kids need limits and boundaries
- Kids need to know what is expected of them
- Kids want to be respected
- Kids want to feel loved and valued
- Kids want to feel like they belong
- Kids want to feel safe and secure
- Kids want to have fun
They want parents who listen to them and take their feelings into account
Kids want parents who listen to them and take their feelings into account. They also want supportive parents who encourage them to do their best. Lastly, kids want parents who set a good example for them to follow.
They want parents who provide a sense of stability and safety
Parents who provide a sense of stability and safety are what kids want more than anything else. Kids need to feel they can count on their parents to be there for them, no matter what. This sense of security is the most important thing parents can give their kids.
Kids want parents who set a good example for them to follow
- Kids want parents who set a good example to follow.
- Kids want parents who are patient with them.
- Kids want parents who listen to them and understand them.
- Kids want parents who are loving and supportive.
- Kids want parents who respect their feelings and opinions.
What are the most popular things for kids?
Some of the most popular things for kids include:
- Outdoor activities
What makes a kid happy?
There’s no simple answer to this question since every child is different, and what brings one child joy may not have the same effect on another. However, some general things tend to make kids happy. These include spending time with family and friends, being active and having fun, having a sense of accomplishment, feeling loved and valued, and having a sense of security and stability.
It’s no secret that children can be difficult to shop for, especially toys. With so many options on the market, it can be hard to determine what will make your child happy – and keep them entertained for more than five minutes.